Education VIA Culture: An International Conference on the applications of Cultural Heritage in Education
Greece, Thessaloniki, 26-28 June 2020
28 February 2020
The majority of Heritage and Education conferences focus on how people can learn about Heritage and Heritage protection through educational (formal or non-formal) procedures. In our understanding, the best way to create awareness about Cultural Heritage is not just to focus on education about Heritage but to make heritage part of the educational process. “Education VIA Culture: An International Conference on the applications of Cultural Heritage in Education” welcomes contributions with a focus mainly, but not limited, to:
- Methodological approaches to the use of Cultural Heritage, local, regional, or international, as a teaching medium.
- Presentation of case studies where cultural heritage was mobilised as teaching medium for any topic.
- The importance of Intangible Heritage in Education.
- The role of museums, archaeological sites, exhibitions, and heritage landscapes in education.
- Case studies where Cultural Heritage assets have inspired art-based teaching applications such as Drama, Theatre, Music, Graphics and so on.
- The role of Cultural Heritage in second, foreign, and minority language acquisition and teaching.
- Ways of bringing together Educational practitioners and Cultural Heritage specialists.
- The Cultural Heritage of Ethnic and Social minorities and groups and how it can be used as a medium for creating tolerant and diverse societies.
Abstracts should be sent to the conference secretary Kate Lewis at email@example.com by 28th February 2020. Successful proposals will be notified by the end of March 2020. The conference aims to publish a peer-reviewed edited volume based on the papers presented on the conference days. Authors who are willing to submit a chapter for the conference volume should submit a 5,000 word paper accompanied by up to 6 figures and a short bio by the end of July 2020. Proposed publication date for the volume is March 2021.
For more information and registration visit the conference website: https://viaculture.weebly.com