Το Καστρί της Σύρου υπό το φως των ερευνών της περιόδου 2006-2012
Μαρίζα Μαρθάρη Στο Κ. Σουέρεφ, Ε. Κοτζαμποπούλου, Κ. Λιάμπη, S. P. Morris & J. K. Papadopoulos 2017 (επιμ.), Σπείρα. Επιστημονική συνάντηση προς τιμήν της Αγγέλικας Ντούζουγλη και του Κωνσταντίνου Ζάχου, Αθήνα: 55-66.
From 2006 to 2012 new investigations were conducted on the steep hill of Kastri on Syros under the auspices of the Archaeological Society at Athens and the direction of the author. These included further excavation, aerial photography and surveying of the building remains. This is the third in a series of investigations after the earlier ones carried out by C. Tsountas in 1899 and E.-M. Bossert in 1962.
With the new excavations a more accurate picture of the fortifications, plan and extent of the settlement has been gained. It is now clear that the fortification system at Kastri was based on three fortification walls, rather than two as thought before 2006. They are the bulwark and the main fortification wall with the horseshoe-shaped bastions in the North, on the hillside and an arc-shaped internal fortification wall to the North, on the hilltop. This third fortification wall and the building space surrounded by it, both actually unknown until 2006, were a kind of citadel for the prehistoric settlement at Kastri. The pottery of the entire settlement, up and down, includes diagnostic shapes of the “Kastri group”.